Holiday stress is different for everyone, but here are a few ways to manage it ….
- Try to be organized in what are your to do’s for yourself, your family & the holiday plans. Write it down.
- Have boundaries with yourself, know what you can do and what you need to ask for help with.
- When you have a pushy relative who has no boundaries, put yours into place. I can imagine a space between others & myself that offers neutrality with situations.
- Remember what the holidays are about to you, whether that is celebrating, remembering, giving, connecting, spending time with family, etc.
- If you struggle on the holiday’s, try to think of something you don’t struggle with, something you give to others, something you do really well and your value.
- Spend you holiday, relaxing, reading, watching a movie, enjoy your time.