Feeling like it’s your life, you are making the best decisions you can and looking forward to each day might depend on thinking in terms of possibility.
What is that really?
Each of you may define that differently given what your life looks like, so each person has their own set of answers.
In general, possibility thinking might mean…
- Having a new idea of how to start your day in a positive way.
- You have always had a thought about something you would like to try to plan, so jot down a plan to begin working on it. I am a firm believer that if you write it down, you affirm it to yourself.
- In a busy schedule, think of one thing you can do or insert into your day that you really enjoy. One example might be to listen to the music you most enjoy on the way to work or working around the house.
- Live in your life phase and think about what’s possible now? What’s new to me at this point in my life?
- With conflict situations, try to focus on ways or activities that increase clarity and open up problem solving. Own your points but see solutions to be free of impasses.
- Remember you when you used to dream. You are still you. Be there again.